It is highly recommended that newly admitted Terry majors wait one semester prior to applying to change or add a major. Changing or adding a major requires students to reapply to the BBA program. Applications to modify a major are evaluated based on the major’s high-demand selection criteria. Students on scholastic probation, continued probation, first dismissal, or second dismissal are not eligible to apply to modify a Terry major. Acceptance into a new major or an additional major is not guaranteed.
AB ECON students who wish to change to a BBA major or add a BBA major must use the BBA Application during fall or spring semesters only. Contact your advisor for more information.
- Changing or adding a major may add significant time to reach graduation. Be sure to speak with your current advisor before making a decision to modify your Terry major(s).
- Students who apply and are admitted to change their Terry major will be required to remove their original Terry major in Athena. If you accept a change of major, you will only be able to return to your original Terry major by reapplying during a future application period; acceptance to your original major is not guaranteed.
- Students who choose to enroll in multiple majors, the IB co-major and/or certificate programs must complete all listed requirements for those respective programs. We cannot guarantee that every course is offered each semester. It is your responsibility to complete all degree requirements in a timely fashion.
- If you successfully add a Terry major, you are required to meet with an advisor for both majors each fall and spring before being cleared for registration.
- Read detailed Testing Requirement instructions here.
- Application Opens: July 1, 2022
- Strict Application Deadline: Sept. 7, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- Decision Sent: October
- Application Opens: TBA (typically late November)
- Strict Application Deadline: TBA (typically late January)
- Decision Sent: March
- Application Opens: April 1, 2022
- Strict Application Deadline: May 2, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- Decision Sent: June, 2022
Learn About a Different Major
If you are a current Terry student who might like to add an additional major or change majors, feel free to speak with the appropriate Terry major advisor prior to the application deadline on the day/time listed below. These experts can answer your questions and provide details about the major you are considering. Open information times are not available during UGA student holidays or when the University is closed and may be suspended temporarily during high volume advising periods. Meeting with an advisor is optional, and all application deadlines still apply.
Email the appropriate advisor to ask about meeting via Zoom or in person.
Management Information Systems
Risk Management and Insurance