KPMG Faculty Fellow
Education and Career
- PhD, Accounting, University of Texas at Austin
- MPA, Taxation, University of Texas at Austin
- BSBA, Accounting, Auburn University
Research, Expertise and Publications
Research Interests and Areas of Expertise:
- Tax compliance; Financial reporting; Corporate finance
- Jonathan Cohn, Lillian Mills and Erin Towery. The evolution of capital structure and operating performance after leveraged buyouts: Evidence from U.S. corporate tax returns. 2014. Journal Of Financial Economics 111(2):469-494.
- Sanjay Gupta, Lillian Mills and Erin Towery. The effect of mandatory financial statement disclosures of tax uncertainty on tax reporting and collections: The case of FIN 48 and multistate tax avoidance. 2014. Journal Of The American Taxation Association 36(2):203-229.
- Leslie Robinson, Bridget Stomberg and Erin Towery. One size does not fit all: How the uniform rules of FIN 48 affect the relevance of income tax accounting. 2016. The Accounting Review 91(4):1195-1217.
- Erin Towery. Unintended consequences of linking tax return disclosures to financial reporting for income taxes: Evidence from Schedule UTP. 2017. The Accounting Review 92(5): 201-226.
- Erin Henry, Norman Massel, and Erin Towery. Increased tax disclosures and corporate tax avoidance. 2016. National Tax Journal 69(4):809-830.
- Ben Ayers, Jeri Seidman, and Erin Towery. Taxpayer reporting behavior under audit certainty. 2019. Contemporary Accounting Research 36(1): 326-358.
- Michelle Nessa, Casey Schwab, Bridget Stomberg, and Erin Towery. How do IRS resources affect the corporate audit process? 2020. The Accounting Review 95(2): 311-338.
- Jonathan Cohn, Edith Hotchkiss, and Erin Towery. Sources of value creation in private equity buyouts of private firms. 2022. Review of Finance 26(2): 257-285.
- Tingting Liu, Tao Shu, Erin Towery, and Jasmine Wang. The role of external regulators in merger and acquisitions: Evidence from SEC comment letters. 2022. Review of Accounting Studies, forthcoming.