Remove FERPA Restrictions
In order to be listed in the program, candidates for degrees must remove their FERPA restrictions when applying for graduation. This requirement must be completed by the deadline of Thursday, March 17, 2022, by all graduate students expecting to graduate in Spring or Summer 2022.
Register to Walk
All graduate students that have graduated in December 2021 or are expecting to graduate in May, August or September 2022 are invited to participate in the Terry Graduate Convocation 2022. If you are planning to walk and get recognized, please register here.
Appropriate academic regalia must be worn to participate in the convocation. Caps, gowns, and hoods may be purchased at the UGA Bookstore; call 706-542-3171 for information. Note that if you order your academic regalia from someone other than the UGA Bookstore, the UGA Bookstore will not be able to assist you with missing or replacement items.
Candidates should wear their tassels over the right eye before UGA degree has been awarded (prior to UGA Commencement ceremony); over left eye if degree has already been awarded (following UGA Commencement).
Important note for graduates and guests: Students should use only the brick wall entrances and assemble at 9 a.m. and students walk in at 9:40 a.m. and the convocation will begin promptly at 10 a.m. The convocation will last approximately one hour.
- Assembly begins at 9 a.m. in the brick wall entrances on Carlton Street and Smith Street . Guests should use the other main gates (A - H gates).
- EMBA, PMBA, and FTMBA graduating students should enter the brick wall entrance on Carlton Street.
- Ph.D., MAcc, MA Econ, MBT, MMR, and MSBA graduating students should enter the brick wall entrance on Smith Street.
- Sign in at the appropriate degree/major area and complete your name card.
- The lines will form in the hall by program. Students walk in at 9:40 a.m.
- Leave purses, coats and other belongings with your family or friends. You will not be able to leave any items in the hall or onto the coliseum floor.
- When walking in, remain in line and avoid gaps in the line.
- As you enter the Coliseum, be sure to follow the person in front of you so that you don’t end up in the wrong line and thus sitting with the wrong degree area.
- As you are directed into your row of seats, be sure to fill all seats. Vacant seats in a row could mean that some students will not have a place to sit.
As you celebrate this exciting day, please be respectful of those around you and the fact that this is a formal convocation.
Wear comfortable shoes. You will be going down a flight of stairs and doing a lot of walking. High-heeled shoes are discouraged, especially stiletto heels. We want you to be safe so you can enjoy the convocation.
Choose a location ahead of time to meet your family and friends once the convocation is completed.
Once you have received your diploma holder, we ask that you return to your seat for the remainder of the program being mindful of the speakers and other graduates.
Out of respect for our graduating students, guests, and Convocation speakers, all graduates participating in the convocation are strongly encouraged to stay for the entire convocation. The convocation should not exceed 1 1/2 hours.
Welcome to the Terry Alumni Family!
Congratulations on your accomplishments! We wish you the best of success as you begin a new, exciting chapter of your life! Please keep in touch with us at the Terry Alumni website.