UGA Master of Accountancy GMAT Test Score Waiver Requirements
All applicants to UGA’s MAcc program may, and are encouraged to, voluntarily submit a GMAT score as part of their application. GMAT waivers are generally available for any MAcc applicant meeting the requirements in either category I or category II below. Any MAcc applicant falling into category III must submit a valid GMAT score. However, UGA’s MAcc admissions committee may request any applicant to submit a GMAT score.
I. GMAT Waiver Requirements for Non-UGA Applicants from U.S. Institutions:
- Earn an accounting degree from an AACSB accredited U.S. college or university prior to enrollment;
- Attain an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.7 or higher;
- No grade below B in the upper-level ACCT courses, including retakes. For example, if you earn a C- in Intermediate I the first time then retake to score a B+, you must take the GMAT; and
- No more than 2 withdrawals from upper-level ACCT courses.
II. GMAT Waiver Requirements for UGA Accounting Major Applicants:
- Attained a 3.3 GPA or higher in all required upper-level accounting courses you have completed. For this purpose, upper-level ACCT courses include UGA required ACCT courses numbered 5000 or higher, excluding Professional Accounting courses (ACCT 5710, ACCT 5720 & ACCT 5700); and
- Completed a minimum of four (4) of your required upper-level accounting courses; and
- Not received any grade below C+ in your completed upper-level ACCT courses, including retakes (ACCT courses numbered 5000 or higher, excluding ACCT 5710 & 5720 [Professional Accounting I and II]). For example, if you earn a C- in ACCT 5000 the first time then retake to score a B+, you must take the GMAT; and
- Not have withdrawn from more than two (2) upper-level ACCT courses.
III. No GMAT Waiver for All Other Applicants:*
- The GMAT is required for ALL non-accounting major applicants, including UGA undergraduates who major in something other than accounting.
- Applicants from colleges and universities outside the U.S. and all colleges and universities without AACSB accreditation are required to submit a valid GMAT score.
- Any other applicants not described in I or II must submit a valid GMAT score.
* UGA’s graduate school requires at least a 500 GMAT for admission, and the J.M. Tull School of Accounting strongly recommends at least a 550 GMAT for admission to the MAcc program.