About the Strategy Focus
Consulting is one of the most popular and sought-after career paths for MBAs. At Terry, many of our MBA graduates enter careers in consulting, working for clients in a variety of industries, such as telecommunications, health care, energy, financial services, real estate, consumer products, and manufacturing. They help to improve many aspects of their clients’ operations, including strategy and management, technology, operating performance, marketing, finance, risk, and human capital. The Georgia MBA program has developed an interdisciplinary and experiential approach to consulting, by combining both case-based (in-class) and hands-on (projects-based) coursework from different functional areas to build both the analytical and practical skills essential to a successful career in consulting.
In recent years Booz Allen Hamilton, Cognizant, Deloitte, KPMG, EY, ScottMadden, and Slalom Consulting have hired Georgia MBAs for a variety of management consulting roles. Functional areas covered include HR/Human Capital, Healthcare, IT and Risk Advisory. Georgia MBAs have also launched careers in internal consulting roles with companies like The Home Depot, Cox Enterprises, and Verizon.
Typical job titles
- Senior Consultant
- Senior Associate
Focus Path - Strategy
The focus in Strategy will serve as a complement to any concentration in the MBA program, requiring 15 credit hours of coursework in the following courses:
Any three from the following:
- ACCT 7600: Financial Statement Analysis OR FINA 7110: Valuation (Spring)
- ECON 7940: Economics of Managing Organizations (Fall & Spring)
- ENTR 7090: Critical Design Thinking (Spring)
- MGMT 7011: Leading Evolving Organizations (Fall)
- FINA 79250e: Financial Modeling (Spring).
- LEGL 7050: Negotiations (Spring)
- MARK 7980: Marketing Analytics and Decision-Making (Spring)
- MIST 7690: Business Process Management (Spring)
- MGMT 7220: Project Management (Spring)
- ENTR 7320: Innovative Business Projects (Practicum) (Fall)