The UGA Entrepreneurship Program invites you to take part in UGA’s Next Top Entrepreneur
Pitch Competition (in-person) on April 14, 2022 from 5 - 8:30 pm.
UGA’s Next Top Entrepreneur is open to student startup teams from all over the country.
During this live event, teams pitch their existing business plans or business idea
in front of a live audience and a panel of judges. At the end of the competition, the
winning team is awarded $10,000.
About the competition
Students from any college or university with a solid business idea, concept, product
and/or existing business are invited to pitch in front of a panel of seasoned entrepreneurs
for a chance to win $10,000.
Teams are evaluated on their business model, the validity of their idea, and their
ability to execute. Our judges are looking for the business with greatest potential
Teams traveling out of state for the competition are eligible for travel reimbursement
of up to $1,500 (not per student).
Startup team requirements
- At least one team member must be an active undergraduate/graduate-level student (no
- The startup must have less than $1 million in annual sales
- There is no limit on the type of business
- Only four members of the team may participate in the competition (no exceptions)
How to apply
In your application, please include:
- Business abstract: include in your abstract who is the target market and who is the
- Two-minute pitch video
- Statement of revenue for the last 12 months
- Additional photos, videos, and/or website links to help your business stand out
Only completed applications are accepted.
The applicant pool is judged by an internal committee. The top eight teams advance
to the next round in Athens, Georgia.
The pitch competition takes place in front of a live audience with a panel of five
judges who have experience in the startup and business world. These judges pick the
winning team that walk away with $10,000.
Dates and deadlines
Final competition: April 14, 2022 (in-person)
Application deadline: March 16, 2022
Finalists announced: March 24, 2022
KLAW Industries , Clarkson University took home the top prize of $10,000.
2021 Competition Recap
Winter Innovations with EasyWhip, University of Tennessee - Knoxville